COVID-19/Coronavirus Patient Information
Dear Patients and Friends,
What a challenging week we have experienced together! I have been following the American Dental Association, the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners, and Texas Dental Association as well as CDC for guidelines for how to best serve you safely during this pandemic. My team and I at Smile Source West Houston are committed to delivering the utmost health and safety to our patients and our team. Because the coming weeks are considered the “peak time” of the virus and in the efforts for “social distancing” to flatten the curve of the spread of COVID-19, I have made the following decisions in the best interest of our patients, our dental team, and the community:
- Our office will be on a modified shorter schedule for next 2-3 weeks from March 17- April 2. However, we are available for you for dental emergencies 24/7 as it is imperative that we not overwhelm hospital ER’s at this time. You may call or text our office at 281-531-5700 and we will be able to address your needs.
- Fortunately, our office philosophy has always been seeing ” one patient at a time” so in the efforts for “social distancing”, we do not have to change very much to safely accommodate you.
- If you already have a dental appointment scheduled, I will assess per case basis to weigh your risk factors and my team will contact you in the event that postponing your treatment is in your best interest.
We ask that you reschedule with our office if any of the following apply:
- You are over age 70+.
- You are under age 69 with multiple health issues (heart disease, diabetes, immuno-compromised).
- You or any family member is sick (fever, ache, cough, congestion).
- You have travelled to high-risk US cities or international countries with COVID-19 in past 14 days, as per CDC guidelines.
- You or a family member with any recent close contact to another person have COVID-19 symptoms, positive testing, or recent travel to high-risk cities or international countries.
While already maintaining a high level of standard safety and cleanliness with medical grade sterilization products, often surpassing guidelines by Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), we will be encouraging the following protocols from our patients:
- Limit the guests accompanying patients to one person
- Will only be allowing patients back to patient care area
- Increased routine of disinfecting surfaces and in the reception area and bathrooms.
- Washing your hands with our medical grade disinfectant prior to entering and after leaving treatment areas.
With the overwhelming amount of information and news coverage, I want to assure you that your health and wellbeing is our priority. We will continue to follow any necessary precautions and guidelines and update you in the near future. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we try to keep our dental family and home safe for all. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or concerns. We are ready to be a resource for you and your family in this time of uncertainty!
To your health,
ALICE LAM, DDS